Infrared Cameras And Services
We are IR
Welcome to Infrared Building Inspections. We are your online resource to infrared inspection guides, images, training, and camera systems.
"$12 Billion was spent on Green Buildings in 2008. This number is projected to grow to $60 Billion by 2013.”
McGraw-Hill Construction, SmartMarket Trends Report, 2008
"Great strides against global warming can be made with small steps toward energy efficiency."
Los Angeles Times Nov.26, 2007
"In addition to using thermography during an energy audit, you should have a scan done before purchasing a house; even new houses can have defects in their thermal envelopes."
U.S. Department of Energy February 24, 2009
Infrared Inspections are rapidly becoming the norm for building inspections. With the proper tools and training, building inspectors can practically eliminate energy loss due to inefficient or poor insulation/ construction. Additionally by using IR cameras, inspectors can spot water leaks, mold, pests, electrical hazards, and help to prevent such problems from escalating into costly repairs. Infrared inspections can help reduce the carbon footprint of your building, helping not only the environment, but reducing energy costs while increasing safety, productivity, and energy efficiency. Properly constructed energy efficient buildings also reduce dust, moisture, and pests from getting into the building thus eliminating many allergens, mold, and dust mites.
Currently, buildings in the United States represent up to 71% of electrical consumption and generate over 39% of the nation's carbon emissions. Any new environmental plan will definitely include a reduction in carbon emissions. This means that now is an excellent time to get involved in infrared building inspections. With the nation's concern over environmental changes, energy efficiency is well on it's way to becoming the standard for all buildings in the USA. So go green and save some green with infrared thermography.
"Energy efficiency is the fastest, safest and cheapest method currently available for cutting carbon emissions. ... Fighting global warming doesn't have to derail the economy, or even slow it much. The right combination of saving energy and investing in new forms will pay dividends for the world."
Los Angeles Times Nov.26, 2007
"Insurance studies have revealed that electrical problems alone account for over 30 percent of their group’s total losses. ...one of the most cost-effective means of electrical maintenance, (is) the thermographic survey. "
Infrared Inspections can help reduce/eliminate:
• High Energy Bills - often high utility bills can be traced to air leaks, inefficient windows,missing insulation, inefficient cooling/heating equipment, and/or poorly insulated ducts.
• Mold & Mildew - High humidity and water damage can lead to mold and/or mildew resulting in wood rot, various structure damage and health problems.
• Dust - Poorly sealed duct work can result in high levels of dust.
• Cold or Hot Rooms - differences in temperature from room to room can signify inadequate insulation, air leaks, and/or poor duct insulation.
• Medical costs by reducing indoor allergens, dust, mold, mildew, and pests. This in turn can increase productivity.
• Energy efficient buildings reduce our reliance on foreign natural gas and other fuels, while saving money and promoting local economic growth.
So save some money, promote the local economy, and go green with infrared building inspections!
Infrared Electrical Inspections can prevent major losses according to The InterNational Electrical Testing Association (NETA) :
We want your infrared images and articles, please contact us for more information. Infrared Building Inspections is owned and operated by Infrared Cameras Inc. We offer a complete line of infrared thermal imaging camera systems and solutions. From design to manufacture to on site use, Infrared Cameras Inc. can meet your infrared thermal imaging needs.